Eye Centers of TN now offers an Allergy Treatment Center. We offer a full line of testing and treatment plans for those suffering from all kinds of allergens.
Why get Tested and Start Immunotherapy?
- Allergies are known to be one of the top causes of missed work and school days.
- One in four eye symptoms are allergy related.
- Immunotherapy boosts your immune system helping to prevent against the common cold and flu.
- Immunotherapy also allows the possibilities of coming off of other medication
What to Expect at your First Visit
- Skin Prick Test (SPT)
- Test for 60 environmental allergens including grasses, trees, weeds, molds, and animal dander.
- The skin test device punctures the top layer of skin which introduces the allergen underneath the skin.
- Once the allergies have been verified, we will then discuss starting allergy shots also known as immunotherapy to desensitize the patient to those specific allergens.